"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different."
Nothing is entirely different about this year; nothing is entirely the same either.
Life has been moving so quickly and sometimes I wonder how on Earth I turned 32 this year. Even crazier is that Joe will be 35 in less than a month! Stop this train.
I suppose it's time to start making resolutions. I have put them in print for two years running, and I intend to type them out again this year. So here goes nothing:
1. Learn to walk in high heels. (I have mastered wedges!)
2. Walk/jog/run at least 500 miles in 2013. (If I can run two half marathons in as many weekends, this should be easy. . .right?!)
3. LET GO! Move on from apologies I have never received. The past is the past and I can do nothing to change that--and maybe I wouldn't want to. Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful.
4. Practice listening more. I tend to be the talker in nearly all of my conversations. Maybe if I stop talking and just listen, I will learn a thing or two (or feel like my time is being completely wasted).
5. Give serious thought to starting a family with human children. I am content with Joe, Phoebe, and Mia. I love our life. If I'm being honest, I would be fine if it was just Joey and me. A child of my VERY own would also be pretty amazing too.
I think that's all I have for right now. Maybe that's all I will have. Who knows how my brain works??